Sunday 25 October 2015

Thing 12: #Rudai23

  
Thing 12 was interesting to read and understand. I never really taught about the value of conferences before now, but the article was very insightful. For the purposes of this blog I have decided to choose option two of the task, but I do see myself attending conferences in the near future.

The conference I would like to attend is titled, Developing as a Professional: Attaining a Library Association of Ireland (LAI) Award of ALAI and FLAI, on 20 November 2015. I became aware of this conference when I was exploring the LAI website, and I really feel it would help my progress in the profession. At the moment I’m a graduate student who is coming to the peak time of term with assessments so unfortunately I can’t attend the conference.
      
The conference is intended to educate people developing their careers and there will be previous award winners discussing their experiences and offering insights. I think the conference would guide me in the right direction for the next stage in my career. It would be a great to hear the experiences of people who were in the same position as me, and to see what route they decided to take in the profession. I know the library profession is for me from my studies and I will need this guidance soon.


I wouldn’t be fearful of attending the conference. In the past year I have welcomed new experiences, particularly group work in college. This involved meeting new people and collaborating together, so I feel ready to attend these type of events. I know two guest speakers on the programme and if the other speakers are as insightful, I know I would learn a great deal on the day.

   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian, I went to this last year and found it very informative and everyone was very helpful, well worth going to.

    ReplyDelete