Friday 30 October 2015

Thing 15: #Rudai23

This blog-post will explore the topic of advocating within the library profession. From reading the Rudai15 article, I learnt about the topic of advocating campaigns and supporting organisations. Before now, I had never heard of organisations that support advocacy campaigns but they showed the different methods through which advocating libraries can be accomplished. I was particularly taken by two organisations; voicesforthelibrary, and speakupforlibraries .

I looked at the library campaigns provided and found they provide important resource material for library professionals, particularly libraryatoz .  The campaigns are different, but all relate to peoples vision of the library. I felt it was important to pay specific attention the national campaigns and I am going to make a real effort to get involved in whatever way possible.


Advocating the library is not something I really taught about before reading this article.  Without realising it, I have been advocating the library in numerous way, from sharing library posts on Facebook to participating in online blogs.  I can see why advocating the library is important to the development of the profession and feel it really does have a positive impact.  

No comments:

Post a Comment