Friday 30 October 2015

Thing14: #Rudai23

I am somewhat familiar with the topic of augmented reality from the User Centred Design module I am currently studying in UCD. For the purposes of this blog-post, I am going to explore the librARI application cited in the article.

The librARI application is a very useful tool to show and explain augmented reality. I feel this is going to prevalent feature of society in the near future.  The application is effective in providing useful information regarding a chosen topic. From the video I watched, it is clear that augmented reality is advantageous to its users and is a feature that needs to be embraced by professionals. I was also impressed by the digital interface for print books from touching the screen or making certain gestures. Library professionals need to know the different ways it can be used not only to develop the personal skills but to be able to show other users its advantages.


I have been fearful in trying to understand augmented reality in my studies but this article has cleared up some issues for me. The topic is relevant to my future, and I am really delighted to have learned more about augmented reality.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to this 'thing' at the moment I am playing catch up!

    ReplyDelete