Sunday 6 September 2015

Thing7: #Rudai23


I found thing7 to be most enjoyable task to date. I had listened to podcasts in the past but didn’t how it was made if I’m to be honest. The audio icon was on the webpage, I clicked play and that was it, magic!  In this task, I learned what a podcast is, the software used (most mobile devices), how to create a podcast, how to host a podcast through Soundcloud, and sharing a podcast though social networks such as Facebook, twitter and blogs.


After reading Thing7, I decided to partake in option B and listened to the podcast Circulating ideas created by Steve Thomas. The podcast was very interesting and relative to me in my future career. It was very informative for library professionals. The podcast was a very short 45mins and I would have happily listened to it for longer. The podcast itself illustrates its value as a source for people to create at a minimum cost and of high quality. The library at which I received my experience didn’t create podcasts but that’s mainly due the large workload they already have to deal with. I think podcasts are really useful for educational purposes. Teachers and lecturers could easily upload classes for students to listen to. I hope to listen to podcasts regularly in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment