Saturday 19 September 2015

Thing10: #Rudai23

I attended the hangout-on-air session back in August to have only reached the task now the complete. My camera worked fine on the day, however, my microphone was acting up and I lost my connection to the group. Instead I viewed the hangout session and commented on the Twitter feed #Rudai23. I found the hangout feature in Google+ to be very impressive, allowing people to create a video conference at no expense.

In the broadcast I viewed, there were participants from all over the world discussing their particular roles and experiences in the Library and information fields. This highlights the magnitude of how useful google+ is to professionals. To be able to reach such a global audience instantaneously is just a mere reflection on the revolutionary technological advancements in modern society. From completing the tasks in Rudai23, I  realise there are so many formats through which people can communicate information on a global scale at no cost whatsoever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment